to

Forum Home  →  Discussion  →  Children and childcare  →  Thread

child maintain ane issue

Diogenes
forum member

welfare benefits, citizens advice, sherwood & newark

Send message

Total Posts: 328

Not sure if this is the forum, my cl applied forman MR against a could maintenances decision, his reply says that due to teh nature of his request no MR will be done,

so a refusal to da aan MR is the issue,

Kelly
Administrator

rightsnet editor

Send message

Total Posts: 33

Not my area of expertise but may be worth giving more info? It’s not clear from your post whether your client is challenging an appealable decision.

If the child maintenance decision was made in ignorance of some relevant fact/evidence, or not in accordance with the rules, then it is appealable. If they’ve refused to MR in those circumstances, you can probably (I say this cautiously, assuming the MR rules for child maintenance reflect those for social security) proceed straight to appeal.

If it is some other action or decision that your client is not happy with, such as poor treatment, failure to request relevant evidence, delays, a complaint may be more appropriate.

In case you haven’t already seen it - the What to do if you’re unhappy with the child maintenance service guide is available on the CitA website. It’s got the processes and addresses for complaints/MRs.