Forum Home  →  Discussion  →  Income support, JSA and tax credits  →  Thread

LTAHAW Criminal/tribunal case

judithd
forum member

Derby Advice, Derby Homes

Send message

Total Posts: 51

Afternoon all,
I’ve got a LTAHAW Income Support entitlement and overpayment case and would welcome advice - I thought the case was weak and wasn’t optimistic of a successful outcome, however…... 
DWP decided to prosecute, the defence solicitor chipped away at their evidence and piece by piece it was ruled unlawful and inadmissable so that the case was withdrawn.  The tribunal case will be listed shortly and I wondered if anyone knows:
  Will the Tribunal be aware of what has happened in the criminal case?
  Will they have the evidence that was produced in the criminal case and details of why   it   was ruled unlawful or whatever?
If no, is there a way I can make them aware?  I appreciate the different levels of proof etc but the DWP case is fairly shambolic and I want the Tribunal to be aware of this.  It doesn’t really come across from the Appeal papers.
I have some information from the defence solicitor but don’t have the whole file?
Would welcome any advice.

Edmund Shepherd
forum member

Tenancy Income, Royal Borough of Greenwich, London

Send message

Total Posts: 508

The tribunal will have the appeal papers, not the prosecution papers. You have to submit any further relevant evidence you feel to be relevant to the appeal for it to be considered.