to

Forum Home  →  Discussion  →  Income support, JSA and tax credits  →  Thread

Permitted work

benefitsadviser
forum member

Sunderland West Advice Project

Send message

Total Posts: 1004

If a client hasnt been migrated yet to ESA from IS, can they still do permitted work
at the higher limit for up to 52 weeks, and have the 99 quid earnings TOTALLY disregarded
for Income Support and HB/CTB?

On one hand im reading that its fully disregarded but on another only 20 quid is disregarded?

I thought the 20 quid disregard was only for permanent work, not limited to the 52 week thing?

She wont qualify for permanent higher limit as no supported work applicable here

Tom B (WRAMAS)
forum member

WRAMAS - Bristol City Council

Send message

Total Posts: 461

benefitsadviser - 02 October 2013 11:50 AM

If a client hasnt been migrated yet to ESA from IS, can they still do permitted work
at the higher limit for up to 52 weeks, and have the 99 quid earnings TOTALLY disregarded
for Income Support and HB/CTB?

On one hand im reading that its fully disregarded but on another only 20 quid is disregarded?

I thought the 20 quid disregard was only for permanent work, not limited to the 52 week thing?

She wont qualify for permanent higher limit as no supported work applicable here

Assuming they are claiming IS under incapacity for work I believe they would be entitled to earn up to the higher limit with it being disregarded for 52 wks.

Do you know if the client has completed PW1 form? It’s entirely possible whoever they reported the work to has just treated as earnings and not bothered to issue PW1/not know about permitted work rules.