Search options

Where

Benefit

Jurisdiction

Jurisdiction

From

to

Forum Home  →  Discussion  →  Universal credit administration  →  Thread

Migration method for PIP - A hint of things to come for mixed aged couples?

RMR
forum member

Senior welfare & benefits advisor - Sutton Borough CAB

Send message

Total Posts: 34

As Universal Credit is being introduced in stages from October 2013,with new applications for single people with no complications for Jobseekers Allowance (JSA), mixed aged couples, when one has reached reached State Pension Age will be able to claim PC until UC is ready to take new claimants for this category.

If you put these two pieces of information together, I now think that their fate will be the same as DLA/PIP claimants.

1. This is about the migration dates re PIP, but, I think is also going to be applicable for the migration of UC
http://www.dwp.gov.uk/docs/pip-reassessments-and-impacts.pdf
Bottom of page 2 states
Under the Heading:  October 2015
“.- - - we will invite claims as early as possible from recipients who have turned 65 after 8th April 2013”  - This would cover people ages 65 -67.  I know that this has been confirmed to AgeUK as a colleague from AgeUK gave me this information and confirmation the other day.

2.  In a reply to me from Steve Webb dated 8th December 2012
“Those couples who are already receiving Pension Credit at the time the change is introduced will remain entitled to Pension Credit unless that entitlement ends for some other reason” Steve Webb has underlined “at the time the change is introduced”, he has also hand written this “- and we will be phasing in this change over several years”

Can anyone shed any more light on this please?