to

Forum Home  →  Discussion  →  Universal credit migration  →  Thread

Children being left off migrated UC claims

JP 007
forum member

Welfare rights - Dundee City Council

Send message

Total Posts: 100

There seems to be a problem developing with Migrated claims opening without the children included. DWP asking claimants to provide child benefit claim letters in order to get them included. Who has them?

Carri
forum member

CPAG

Send message

Total Posts: 56

I asked DWP about this at the end of May and they have just come back saying:

‘We recognise that there has recently been delays in the verification of children on the Universal Credit service. Please be assured this has now been addressed.  Since the 21st May the vast majority of all child verification has been completed before the assessment period has ended, ensuring the child element is correctly included in the Universal Credit payment, (with the exception of request for further evidence and any late declarations).’

No further explanation.

I’m now looking out for case examples where the first assessment period ended after 21 May.  If you have any, please could you email me at .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address) and I can raise this again? Thanks

From the other side
forum member

CRU/CARF-FIFE

Send message

Total Posts: 178

Carri - 13 June 2024 10:50 AM

I asked DWP about this at the end of May and they have just come back saying:

‘We recognise that there has recently been delays in the verification of children on the Universal Credit service. Please be assured this has now been addressed.  Since the 21st May the vast majority of all child verification has been completed before the assessment period has ended, ensuring the child element is correctly included in the Universal Credit payment, (with the exception of request for further evidence and any late declarations).’

No further explanation.

I’m now looking out for case examples where the first assessment period ended after 21 May.  If you have any, please could you email me at .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address) and I can raise this again? Thanks

In Fife we have been contacted by quite a few clients who are having this issue and I have one that has an end date of 29/5 and she has consented to contacting you. Maybe we are just unlucky that they are not within the “vast majority” that the DWP cite!

[ Edited: 14 Jun 2024 at 09:48 am by From the other side ]