to

Forum Home  →  Discussion  →  Disability benefits  →  Thread

PIP to ADP transfer confusion

Va1der
forum member

Welfare Rights Officer with SWAMP Glasgow

Send message

Total Posts: 706

One of my clients has just received 2 letters from DWP, same date on both.

One states PIP will stop on 22/08/22, and to phone DWP to submit new claim if needed.

The other states PIP will stop on 22/08/22 because he will be transferred to ADP.

ADP applications are supposed to open on 29/08/22 here in Glasgow, and as far as I understood it transfer awards would only start on or after that date. Could they be intending to start entitlement from 22/08 to give first payment on the 29th?

I’m investigating to see what the actual situation is, just wondering if anyone else has seen the same?

seand
forum member

Welfare rights officer - Wheatley Homes

Send message

Total Posts: 307

Looks like it is a straightforward transfer to ADP

From here: https://www.socialsecurity.gov.scot/guidance-resources/guidance/case-transfer-guide-pip-to-adult-disability-payment

When is it happening?

From 13 June 2022, we’ll transfer the benefits of people:

who are due a review of their award and live within the pilot areas: Dundee City, Na h’Eileanan Siar (Western Isles) and Perth and Kinross

whose PIP award is due to end before February 2023 living in any local authority

Va1der
forum member

Welfare Rights Officer with SWAMP Glasgow

Send message

Total Posts: 706

But why is there a second letter inviting him to claim PIP again?

If DWP have already reviewed his award and decided to end it before 29/08/22 - i.e. on 22/08/22 in this case, then there won’t be a transfer.

And again, I didn’t think (I may well be wrong) entitlement to ADP could/would start before the 29th, other than in the pilot areas, even where they have started the review process earlier.

Like I said, I’m checking to see what is happening in this particular case, I was mainly wondering if anyone else have had two letters, rather than just the one stating ‘you’re moving to ADP’. Confusing for clients.

seand
forum member

Welfare rights officer - Wheatley Homes

Send message

Total Posts: 307

Oh, I took it that this is a PIP award with an end date of 22/8/22 rather than a decision to end PIP after a review

The restrictions to certain areas appears to be for applications only, not for transfers, if I’m reading the DAWAP regs properly

the reason for two letters? I’d suspect it’s just admin issues