Forum Home  →  Discussion  →  Universal credit administration  →  Thread

UC Reviews

Adam Evenson
forum member

Blackpool Centre For Unemployed

Send message

Total Posts: 231

Hi

Does UC do “random spot-check” reviews of UC claims or is there usually have a specific reasoning behind the review?

I have a client who’s been told to upload ID documents and 4 month bank statements - he’s been on UC for years with no problems (other than mine and his doctors annoyance at them not putting him through the WCA earlier!).

There doesn’t appear to be any reasoning behind it and the brief journal message simply said “we are reviewing your claim”

Do we need to be concerned or can this be random? All my previous dealings with messages like this have been down to specific reasons (both have been suspected fraud with employment earnings etc).

Thanks

Adam

Daphne
Administrator

rightsnet writer / editor

Send message

Total Posts: 3584

Could be this?

‘DWP’s Integrated Risk and Intelligence Service uses automated/partially automated technologies to identify claims that may warrant closer inspection (or may need additional consideration), assisting in the prevention and detection of fraud and error.’

https://www.rightsnet.org.uk/welfare-rights/news/item/governmnet-outlines-how-dwp-uses-automated-technologies-to-identify-claims-that-warrant-closer-inspection-in-respect-of-potential-fraud-and-error