to

Forum Home  →  Discussion  →  Devolved benefit issues  →  Thread

Scottish Child Payment

Inverclyde HSCP Advice Services
forum member

Inverclyde Council

Send message

Total Posts: 143

Working with client who applied for Scottish Child Payment and was refused as a qualifying benefit was not in place.
UC had been claimed but was refused based on earnings.
A CDP claim was going on in the background and was awarded with backdating making the client retrospectively entitled to UC and this was paid without much issue.
Scottish Child Payment could then be retrospectively awarded (Schedule Para 8 SCP Regs) which states SSS should “make a determination without application”.
Scottish Child Payment were notified of the circumstances in writing and copies of the CDP award and UC awards covering from the start of the SCP claim were provided.
After a long delay Scottish Child Payment advised the info provided would have been disregarded as its not in the correct format and a Re-determination request is needed.
So firstly its not okay to disregard this as its not in the correct format but more importantly is a re-determination request needed, why would the regs state “determination without application” if a re-determination request was needed?
I know “determination without application” means a new claim is not needed but would expect it to state if a re-determination was needed.
The request has been done but is now in another queue waiting to be actioned.
Does anyone have any experience/thoughts about this

Many Thanks

lost in Granite
forum member

Training and Appeals team, glasgow city council welfare rights

Send message

Total Posts: 75

This is new to me but it seems like a failure of process so I would ask for a process appeal.