to

Forum Home  →  Discussion  →  Universal credit migration  →  Thread

When HB is the only legacy benefit but client unfit for work

WROTricia
forum member

Advice Works, Renfrewshire

Send message

Total Posts: 106

Client in receipt of IIDB, Constant AA and DLA, no income-related benefit except HB (never claimed ESA) receives MN, in order to get UC HCE they will have to jump through the usual hoops of any other claimant, submit sick lines and attend JC+ until WCA which would hopefully find him to have LCWRA, just wondering if any way round this? Doesn’t qualify for automatic LCW/LCWRA and can’t see any route to cancellation so just thought I would ask the learned minds of Rightsnet if there is any thing else I should be thinking about?

Carolyn McA
forum member

Fife Housing Group

Send message

Total Posts: 8

In light of the Constant AA and IIDB, I would ask UC to make a decision on work capability on the basis of the information that DWP already has about the client’s disabilities. I’ve had this work in the past - I think sometimes DWP need to be reminded that they can do this. The client I’m thinking of submitted an initial fit note when the claim was made but was told within a couple of weeks that he didn’t need to provide any more. If you have a relationship with the Jobcentre, you can ask for the requirement for work coach contact in the meantime to be suspended - or go through your external relations manager if not.