Search options

Where

Benefit

Jurisdiction

Jurisdiction

From

to

Forum Home  →  Discussion  →  Work capability issues and ESA  →  Thread

Mixed age couple, New claim for UC, eligibility to LCWRA for individual over pension age

Dee
forum member

Ebor Gardens Advice Centre

Send message

Total Posts: 1

Hi,
I am currently supporting a mixed age couple, ages 69 and 54. They currently receive State pension, carers allowance and PIP (enhanced daily living and standard mobility, pension age individual receives this) no other benefits. My question is can they claim LCWRA for the pension age individual ? I cannot find a definitive response in the Benefits Handbook.

Thanks in advance ,
Dee.

Paul_Treloar_AgeUK
forum member

Information and advice resources - Age UK

Send message

Total Posts: 3289

Para.5 of Schedule 9 of the Universal Credit Regulations 2013

SCHEDULE 9
Circumstances in which a claimant is to be treated as having limited capability for work and work-related activity

Disabled and over the age for state pension credit
5.  The claimant has reached the qualifying age for state pension credit and is entitled to attendance allowance, the care component of disability living allowance at the highest rate or the daily living component of personal independence payment at the enhanced rate or the daily living component of adult disability payment at the enhanced rate in accordance with regulation 5(3) of the Disability Assistance for Working Age People (Scotland) Regulations 2022

Rebecca Lough
forum member

Welfare rights - Greenwich Council

Send message

Total Posts: 244

Just to add that even without the PIP, they can go through a WCA.