to

Forum Home  →  Discussion  →  Decision making and appeals  →  Thread

PIP appeal Postponed

Rachel1
forum member

North East Law Centre, Newcastle upon Tyne

Send message

Total Posts: 153

Hi there. I have a client who’s telephone hearing for PIP was supposed to take place while I was on annual leave. Submission with accompanying evidence was sent beforehand. I established that client was able to attend with the help of her sister and further advice from me beforehand. However I received a letter advising that the ‘Judge postponed the hearing of the appeal, due to an incomplete tribunal.’ (exact wording) No other information.  Does this simply mean that a panel member was not available for some reason so it couldn’t go ahead? I normally get more of a reason in the letter and I can’t get a hold of my client so I’m not sure what she was told.

Thank you for any information in advance.

Elliot Kent
forum member

Shelter

Send message

Total Posts: 3219

Rachel1 - 13 August 2024 03:52 PM

Does this simply mean that a panel member was not available for some reason so it couldn’t go ahead?

Exactly that.

Rachel1
forum member

North East Law Centre, Newcastle upon Tyne

Send message

Total Posts: 153

Elliot Kent - 13 August 2024 04:00 PM
Rachel1 - 13 August 2024 03:52 PM

Does this simply mean that a panel member was not available for some reason so it couldn’t go ahead?

Exactly that.

Ah thanks! I just wanted to check as when that’s happened before they’ve in the letter ‘disability member was unable to attend’ or something like that. Thanks again!