to

Forum Home  →  Discussion  →  Decision making and appeals  →  Thread

Lack of detail in WCA decision and MRNs

SARC
forum member

Southampton Advice & Representation Service

Send message

Total Posts: 27

I consider it unacceptable that UC WCA decisions do not give scores and reasons.  The same goes for MRNs.  I apply for MRs on client’s behalf via their journals, asking for full details in order that a further submission may follow but this is habitually ignored, leading to an MRN which does again contains no specific information.  PIP, for all its faults, at least has a degree of transparency in its decision notices and MRNs.
Thoughts?

Andyp5 Citizens Advice Bridport & District
forum member

Citizens Advice Bridport & District

Send message

Total Posts: 1044

I agree, would also like relevant dates i.e. effective date LCW/LCWRA starts from or doesn’t.

roecab
forum member

Welfare benefits supervisor - Roehampton CAB

Send message

Total Posts: 474

I also agree - and example of why, recently cl had a PIP appeal and the decision had remarked UC in payment with standard allowance and housing cost element only. Subsequent to that the client was awarded LCWRA but no idea why, as that is all the decision said, nothing else - Judge was minded to adjourn to ask for the UC85, he didn’t need to in the end but still.

Helen Rogers
forum member

Welfare rights officer - Stockport MBC

Send message

Total Posts: 242

I agree.  You need to know which points you have scored, or which regulations used in the case of exceptional circs, or how can you challenge a decision?

SARC
forum member

Southampton Advice & Representation Service

Send message

Total Posts: 27

So it’s not just me then… Any ideas about what the least fruitless way to lobby the DWP about this might be?  Local liaison is a thing of the past, and anyway it is national policy and practice that needs to change.