to

Forum Home  →  Discussion  →  Disability benefits  →  Thread

Online PIPS claims

Pete at CAB
forum member

Welfare Benefits Adviser’ for Citizens Advice Cornwall

Send message

Total Posts: 409

DWP have announced that these are now available country wide - have only seen one of these and I have a couple of questions .

What is the date of claim, is it when the cl. starts the PIP form ( with a deadline like the paper form) or when it is finally submitted?

When the cl logs into their account is there a one or two stage verification process such as UC use?

I cant find anything very much on the various websites so any direct experiences would be welcome

thanks

Bcfu
forum member

Blackpool Centre For Unemployed

Send message

Total Posts: 217

Is this definitely now country-wide? I tried it with my Blackpool postcode and it is still saying “not available in my area”

PIP claims online would be so much easier!!

Thanks

JonUCN
forum member

Housing Systems

Send message

Total Posts: 44

It’s the PIP2 questionnaire being online that is now supposed to be available nationally. The stated aim last year was for new PIP1 online applications to be available nationally “by the end of 2024”:

https://questions-statements.parliament.uk/written-questions/detail/2023-11-29/4480

Pete at CAB
forum member

Welfare Benefits Adviser’ for Citizens Advice Cornwall

Send message

Total Posts: 409

Bcfu - 18 July 2024 01:25 PM

Is this definitely now country-wide? I tried it with my Blackpool postcode and it is still saying “not available in my area”

PIP claims online would be so much easier!!

Thanks

I thought that I had read that they were country wide? With regard to the ease of form filling - that’s what I thought but it looks as if Data Protection will prevent us having the cl’s username and password.

This would mean the cl. would have to be in the office to log in, which in a county like Cornwall which is thinly populated and has limited public transport is not always very easy

I am not completely sure this is a valid argument against ‘remote’ form filling?  If we assume that the reason we can’t have the password etc. is because we might be able to log in without the cl knowing or consenting then fair enough .

If the cl also has to put in a code sent to their email and another to their mobile we can’t get in anyway, regardless of the username or password so us having them would have no implications for security?

Any thoughts gratefully received

Daphne
Administrator

rightsnet writer / editor

Send message

Total Posts: 3577

As I understand it, the invited digital - which is a telephone PIP1 followed by a digital PIP2 - is open generally to claimants acting on their own behalf and has very recently been extended to include third parties and those moving to PIP from DLA child - see https://www.rightsnet.org.uk/welfare-rights/news/item/dwp-confirms-that-invited-digital-service-has-been-extended-to-include-use-by-third-parties

However, the fully online Apply for PIP is only available in selected postcodes - you can check whether yours is included at https://www.apply-for-pip.dwp.gov.uk/eligibility/what-is-your-postcode - I believe expansion of this is currently paused.

BCD
forum member

Kirklees council

Send message

Total Posts: 57

Pete at CAB - 18 July 2024 03:19 PM

If the cl also has to put in a code sent to their email and another to their mobile we can’t get in anyway, regardless of the username or password so us having them would have no implications for security?

Any thoughts gratefully received

Yes, there is 2-factor authentication required (code sent to claimant). Can’t remember if it is email or text.