Search options

Where

Benefit

Jurisdiction

Jurisdiction

From

to

Forum Home  →  Discussion  →  Universal credit administration  →  Thread

Invitation: Advisor deductions interview (£20 voucher as thanks)

Jed
forum member

York Law School

Send message

Total Posts: 3

Hello all

This is a quick note on behalf of a PhD student, Izzie, at the University of York - they are looking to speak to advisors with experience of UC deductions cases. They have a budget to give a small thank you voucher of £20 for those able to participate.

If you’re interested, a message from Izzie is below. Do feel free to pop her an email directly with any queries.

‘My name is Izzie and I am a PhD Student at York Law School, conducting research into the role and the administration of the DWP Deductions Scheme. I am interested in hearing from welfare rights and debt advisors who have offered support to claimants experiencing deductions.

What is the project about?
The study looks at the role of debt management in the social security system, via the “deductions scheme”, and how this affects being a claimant today. I particularly would like to understand:
(1) How deductions operate “in action”
(2) Whose interests deductions serve
(3) The benefits of deductions and/or how the system might be improved

Am I eligible for the study?
If you currently work as an advisor and have recent experience of support in claimants with deductions, you are eligible for the study.

What would taking part mean?
The study involves attending a one-to-one interview via Zoom, which will last up to 60 minutes. These will revolve around the topics outlined above, but also your own experiences. 
Interviews will normally take place during working hours (although please do get in touch if you would like a more flexible arrangement), and are open from mid June to the end of August. The interviews will be recorded and transcribed for analysis, and you will be kept completely anonymous.

As a note of thanks, you’ll receive a £20 Amazon voucher for your time.

If you are interested in participating, please either contact .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address) or book in an interview directly via Calendly (https://calendly.com/ifs503/deductions-interview).

Anything unclear?
If you have any questions, please contact me at .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)