to

Forum Home  →  Discussion  →  Residence issues  →  Thread

UC claim ,failed HRT URGENT

Diogenes
forum member

welfare benefits, citizens advice, sherwood & newark

Send message

Total Posts: 347

my client is slovenian,  just separeted from partner , he is UK citizen, one child of the couple aged 3, my client failed hRT so the uC claim is just for partner as she is classed as not eligible, she has been in UK since NOv 2020
client i snow single , unemployed, never worked in UK, UC claim is not accessible to her as she is ineligble due to HRt, she has made a new UC claim

she will have a new HRT test
question, does her being the mother   of the child born in Uk give her rights to reside, is there any other right she has and what about the HRT test,

Help please she is coming back to jobcentre later today, we are liaising with jobcentre who are beign very helpful to try and get her processed and through the HRt asap

davidsmithp1000
forum member

Brighton Unemployed Centre Families Project

Send message

Total Posts: 200

Diogenes
forum member

Send message

Thanks DS1000
any other contributions welcome too

Kelly
Administrator

rightsnet editor

Send message

Total Posts: 51

For queries like this, I find CPAG’s Do you have a right to reside? tool invaluable. Even if you don’t get a definitive answer, you will get a good idea of what questions to ask.

You do need a subscription to AskCPAG to access the tool but remember they do a 1-month free trial too.

Diogenes
forum member

Send message

thanks Kelly

Diogenes
forum member

Send message

one of my colleagues tells me that the DWP may come up with arguments that my client is not detitute, she has no money and is homeless and has a 3 year old child, however I have been told DWP can argue that s she has family in her own eastern european country she could go back to live there and give her child over to the care of the childs UK father,
this sounds highly dodgy to me, any comments please