to

Forum Home  →  Discussion  →  Disability benefits  →  Thread

More wonderful Atos decisions

benefitsadviser
forum member

Sunderland West Advice Project

Send message

Total Posts: 1004

Atos at it again. Just had a client (who turned up in obvious pain and in a chair) who has been on HRM and MRC for 8 years.
Atos did a home visit, and purely based on that “examination” had her DLA completely stopped even though the EMP didnt seem to listen to a word my client told him. The client was assessed by social services last year and as a result she had to get a stairlift fitted (at her expense) and will now also be moving into a disabled friendly Bungalow in 3 weeks time after a further assesment. The EMP also said she could manage stairs no problem, even though there was a stairlift fitted!
She managed only 3 steps with a stick at her GP’s before falling over, however DWP say she is not affected whatsoever by her illnesses and disabilities and can lead a completely normal and unaffected life.
When will the DBC and DWP stop the Atos “medical practitioner’s” opinions over riding clear medical evidence from other service providers? I know the official line is that they don’t but i think we all know what goes on.
Asking for revision with new GP report and hopefully should re-instate DLA.
Upwards and onwards people!