Search options

Where

Benefit

Jurisdiction

Jurisdiction

From

to

Forum Home  →  Discussion  →  Universal credit administration  →  Thread

Universal Credit /Pension Credit Plus for dependent children ?

adviceplus
forum member

Rhondda Cynon Taff CBC (Welfare Rights Project)

Send message

Total Posts: 29

Scenario : Grandparents in receipt of Pension Credit , no need for Housing Benefit claim both of pension age, take in their grandchildren and need to claim benefit for them after CTC no longer exists

What will they claim ? Will it be Universal Credit or some form of Pension Credit Plus , where do I find information about the practicalities
e.g. would that be monthly amounts ?

I must have overlooked this but to my defence we ordered the CPAG books late so, have no easy access yet ,any help to find the info , as always many thanks in advance

Andrew Dutton
forum member

Welfare rights service - Derbyshire County Council

Send message

Total Posts: 1974

Looks like the info you want doesn’t really exist yet: PC+, with Child elements, is planned from October 2014 but the plans are as vague as vague can be as far as I know. P100 of the new CPAG has a bit.

I suspect Gareth Morgan of Ferret will supply any further and better information that may be about - over to you Gareth?????

Peter Turville
forum member

Welfare rights worker - Oxford Community Work Agency

Send message

Total Posts: 1659

Now everything is ‘digital by default’ IDS/DWP still can’t find an old envelope on which to develope the scheme!

benefitsadviser
forum member

Sunderland West Advice Project

Send message

Total Posts: 1004

Hang on guys.

Are y’all telling me that they havent crossed their “t"s and dotted their “i"s on universal credit?

Surely not?

I thought it was all wrapped up in a nice pink bow and ready to go.

You are far too cynical.

Peter Turville
forum member

Welfare rights worker - Oxford Community Work Agency

Send message

Total Posts: 1659

benefitsadviser - 26 June 2013 12:37 PM

You are far too cynical.

No!  I’m just miffed I haven’t had my invitation to the UC demonstrations where DWP show journalists, advice workers, MPs, any passing claimant etc. how it will all work (inc. all the complex senarios from April when there will be no new claims for TCs, how to complete a complex on line claim, how they will transfer HB cases over from LAs, etc, etc). I hear they provide a very nice spread afterwards!

Jon Blackwell
forum member

Programmer - Lisson Grove Benefits Program, Brighton

Send message

Total Posts: 501

adviceplus - 26 June 2013 11:05 AM

What will they claim ? Will it be Universal Credit or some form of Pension Credit Plus , where do I find information about the practicalities
e.g. would that be monthly amounts ?

Could you try emailing

.(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)

and see if they know the answer?

( see http://www.dwp.gov.uk/docs/touchbase-ezine-september-2012.pdf p5 )

WRA 2012 includes the framework for PC (Housing Credit) but has nothing on support for children - I don’t know if this implies that the policy on pension-age support for children is less well developed or simply means that amounts for chldren can be prescribed as part of guarantee credit (and so don’t need primary legislation).

Gareth Morgan
forum member

CEO, Ferret, Cardiff

Send message

Total Posts: 2015

Missed this earlier.

Dwp have said that children’s amounts will be put into Guarantee Credit.  We don’t know what’s happening about the content of the Housing Credit at all.  Whether they move SMI into it is one unanswered question.  There’s a bit of a question mark about HC overall.  DWP have said that pensioners will continue to get HB after the roll-out of Universal Credit so it’s unclear whether / when /what HC will be.