to

Forum Home  →  Discussion  →  Income support, JSA and tax credits  →  Thread

Benefit Delivery Centres addresses and tel no’s

Susannah Fayers
forum member

Generalist adviser - Camden CAB

Send message

Total Posts: 32

Can anyone out there help please! Looking for link or directory for all BDC’s in England with contact tel no’s. As opposed to the customer contact centres.  Plus has anyone got the address for the Worthing BDC please. All numbers engaged so cant even get through to ask for this info!

————————————————————————————————————————

[ Edited: 4 Sep 2012 at 04:12 pm by Ros ]
benefitsadviser
forum member

Sunderland West Advice Project

Send message

Total Posts: 1005

Good luck with your request. I doubt you will get the answers though.

I am told frequently by Jobcentre Plus that they will not give out BDC numbers under any circumstances and that the best one can hope for is the dreaded “3 hour ring back”

Bradford BDC “lost” 2 x GL24s I posted for the same client and i offered to fax my copy to them to be told they didnt have a fax machine.

I actually have their fax number,and I read it back to the JC+ guy who said they didnt have one!
The line went quiet for 5 seconds and then he hung up, obviously as he was caught out on a lie.

No wonder they went on strike!

If anyone can get the numbers though please update asap as it would come in SERIOUSLY handy

Stevegale
forum member

Torbay Disability Information Service, Torbay NHS Care Trust

Send message

Total Posts: 342

We have been given contact numbers for JCP ‘vulnerable customer leads’ based in contact centres and BDCs. Only have these for Plymouth BDC but assume all delivery centres are going to operate this system?

Jon (CANY)
forum member

Welfare benefits - Craven CAB, North Yorkshire

Send message

Total Posts: 1362

We are included in the mailing list of a partnership protocol between JCP and welfare rights/advocate agencies, which supplies us with a list of phone/fax numbers for our local BCs (the BDCs apparently dropped the ‘Delivery’ bit at some point). The numbers are supposed to be kept strictly confidential, and are for escalating “urgent enquiries requiring immediate resolution” which we have not managed to resolve via the Contact Centre. If they are not engaged they are usually helpful (the ESA Claims Maintenance number is often busy, which is the one I’m usually trying to ring).

The list doesn’t include any “vulnerable customer leads”, last I saw.

Re the address, worthing.gov.uk suggests:
Job Centre Plus, Worthing BDC, James Watt Way, Crawley, West Sussex RH77 1AU

Stevegale
forum member

Torbay Disability Information Service, Torbay NHS Care Trust

Send message

Total Posts: 342

...dropped the ‘delivery’ bit ... love it!

Susannah Fayers
forum member

Generalist adviser - Camden CAB

Send message

Total Posts: 32

Many Thanks.Will continue working on this…...!