to

Forum Home  →  Discussion  →  Universal credit administration  →  Thread

2 week run on Income Based Job Seekers

LucyH20
forum member

Northumberland County Council Welfare Rights

Send message

Total Posts: 7

Has anyone ever come across a situation where the 2 week run on should have been paid but wasn’t? I have never had any issue with the 2 week run on being missed and assumed it was automated so not sure if this is a one off or not.

One of my clients made a telephone claim for UC and was due her 2 week run on and didn’t receive it. After escalating this it turns out clients ‘claim was closed in a different way instead of move to UC with the run on’. Not actually sure what that’s supposed to mean as the run on should be payable regardless - this was a case of natural migration not move to UC.

I am wondering if, because it was a telephone claim, it might have affected the run on in some way. Certainly doesn’t seem to be anything the client has done as the run on has now been paid so she was clearly entitled.

Wondering if this is a one off or something that others have seen? I expect we will have a great deal more telephone claims in the coming months as many of our social care clients wont manage with an online journal, I don’t want any more to be missed!