Search options

Where

Benefit

Jurisdiction

Jurisdiction

From

to

Forum Home  →  Discussion  →  Universal credit administration  →  Thread

SDP TP removed due to Housing costs being added even though housing costs were requested on initial application

RAISE Advice
forum member

RAISE Benefits Advice Team, Liverpool

Send message

Total Posts: 162

Hi all

Was wondering if anyone had any advice on the following. I have a client who applied for UC but on applying he put down the incorrect landlord/housing association his housing association is under the umbrella of the housing association he put on the form. I escalated this to the DWP Partnership manager and the housing costs were reinstated and backdated however as the housing costs were then added to the claim they removed the SDP TP from the claim. I was thinking of requesting an MR on the basis that housing costs were applied for on the original application so in effect there has been no real beneficial/actual change to the claim. So this was just a slight error on the claim by the claimant. The SDP TP is there to ensure people aren’t worse off at the beginning of their claim so they are implementing the rules incorrectly.

Any thoughts would be much appreciated!

Elliot Kent
forum member

Shelter

Send message

Total Posts: 3260

Yes, you’re correct. The SDP compo is fixed in the first assessment period and can only reduce by reference to ‘relevant increases’ occurring in later assessment periods. There is no ‘relevant increase’ here because its just that the amount payable for the first AP has been revised. See paras 5 & 6, sch 2, UC (TP) Regs.

RAISE Advice
forum member

RAISE Benefits Advice Team, Liverpool

Send message

Total Posts: 162

Thank you so much Elliott I will take a look it’s really helpful!!!