to

Forum Home  →  Discussion  →  Disability benefits  →  Thread

DLA forms not stamped by jobcentre staff

Penny Newell
forum member

penny newell freelance welfare benefit Trainer and consultant Faversham Kent

Send message

Total Posts: 4

The local jobcentre manager in sittingbourne kent says she has been told they can no longer date stamp DLA forms that they give to claimants.  Until now they have been doing this. This means that when someone has an undated form and then goes to the local citizen advice bureau to get help to complete the form, the date of claim will only be when it arrives at the DLA office. Not good. Is this a local jobcentre decision or is it a command from above?

seal
forum member

(i) Welfare Benefits Advice (ii) Age Concern Torbay

Send message

Total Posts: 10

I have a friend who is a manager at BrIstol DBC. I sent your query to her - in case there has been a policy change. Here is her reply. I will get back to you with the name when I hear again.

‘‘I checked with our Customer Service EO who will take this forward for you.  As it happens she has a friend who works at Sittingbourne JCP so she is going to contact her and get the name of the CS manager there.

The rules definitely haven’t changed – they will when PIP comes in, but we still have the 6 week date rule until then.  JCP & Pensions Service should be using double date box claim packs and be completing both boxes when they issue them.’‘

ib
forum member

Supervisor/caseworker - Malvern Hills District CAB

Send message

Total Posts: 57

We contact the Benefit Enquiry Line 0800 88 22 00 to order DLA and AA new claim packs for clients.  They come date stamped.