Search options

Where

Benefit

Jurisdiction

Jurisdiction

From

to

Forum Home  →  Discussion  →  Universal credit administration  →  Thread

UC sanction decision notice - do they exist?

Peter Turville
forum member

Welfare rights worker - Oxford Community Work Agency

Send message

Total Posts: 1659

We are a live service area. Until recently UC generated hardly any casework at MR or appeal level. However we are now starting to see UC clients who have been sanctioned.

The only decision notice they appear to receive is the ‘standard’ end of assessment period payment decision which includes at box 4 “after that we subtract your sanctions”. Of course it may be clients arn’t bring in us any other sanction notification they have received.

In other words live service claimants don’t appear to recieve any decision notice giving reasons for (or length of) the sanction. As UC contact centre cannot / will not give this information it is difficult to formulate detailed grounds for MR without this information (OK I know that may not make any difference to the outcome, but ....).

Are clients in your area getting separate sanction decision notices with reasons etc?

Andrew Dutton
forum member

Welfare rights service - Derbyshire County Council

Send message

Total Posts: 1976

We also are live service.

The letters that I have seen may give dates and a brief line or two about the ‘offence’,  but I have had to complain in practically every case (where there has even been a decision letter issued) that the information given is so useless that it is hard to know what the claimant is supposed to have done/not done. No details, no reasoning given, no discussion of any good cause, etc etc etc so it is hard to make specific objections.